51 bis bd de La Tour Maubourg
75700 Paris SP 07
Once France had been liberated,
the Order received a status similar to that of the Legion
of Honor (decree of 10 August 1945). It thus became an incorporated
entity, and financially independent thanks to a budget provided
by the Justice Ministry.
The Chancellery was installed
in Paris, with its first address at 5 rue François Ier. Later,
starting in 1954, it was at 2 avenue Ruysdael, and since 1967,
it has been located within the prestigious premises of the
Hôtel National des Invalides, in the Pavillon Robert de Cotte,
with street address at 51 bis, bd de Latour-Maubourg, in Paris'
7th Arrondissement (district).
The Chancellery of the Order of the Liberation